So I was working at Bed, Bath & Beyond and loving it. I made tons of friends. The Dylan guy in my last blog became my boyfriend. He was my first kiss (about 5 days after my last blog) and my first boyfriend. We went on lots of cute dates and spent lots of time together. I was reading Les Miserables.
I didn't finish it but man it's so good, and I plan on reading it again in the winter (my time off from school). I spent time with my family and time with my friends who were still home. It was quite great. Overall the best winter I have ever had.
Then I went to school for the spring. It was really good. One of my best friends, Taylor Jensen and I saw each other every day, even though we lived far away. It was great. I had good classes, and did crazy things. One week I went to Canada with my family. It was pretty sweet. We went to Glacier National Park and other fun recreational parks. I went kayaking, hiking, and walking. One time I went hiking in my shorts in the snow. It was great especially because a storm blew in while we were hiking. It was a fun time. My family got to celebrate Canada Day. My semester went really well. I talked to Dylan every day. I went on one blind date, a norm for me (not going on dates haha). Then when Taylor and I were preparing to go home, super excited to see our boys, we got devastating news. Our good friend Cory Buxton, had passed away on a hike. It was in the middle of Finals week, so we were already stressed and not sleeping well, and hearing this terrible news really broke the camel's back. I could barely function I was so sad. Taylor and I cried together and spent the day together. (Taylor took really good care of me all semester, whenever I got sick or anything she was the best.) But anyway it was a really good semester that ended on a little bit of a sour note. The very last day though was quite nice. Taylor and I were homeless and we found a nice stranger (or Becca whatevs) and then we went and had an adventure with her at various food locations around Rexburg.

Zoolander Pose.
Then we were home! Me, for a 5 week break. It was so great! I had two weeks until both Trey and Dylan left. Trey, for a 2 year mission to Denver, CO, and Dylan, for an opportunity at school in Homosassa, FL. It was quite the stressful, eventful, wonderful 2 weeks. I was trying to hang out with both of them as equally as possible. Dylan I spent so much time together and we were able to do so much together, we cooked dinner, went shopping, went swimming, and basically were able to spend a lot of lost time together. It was magical. Then Trey and I would hang out a lot as well, we went to breakfast, lunch, and dinner together, and played at the park and got to talk to each other for a while. It was so nice to see him after such a long time. It was wonderful. It was a really good first two weeks. Then it got boring for a while. No one could hang out because they had real jobs and such. Then one day my sister and I went over to my aunt's for an all-nighter. She was asked to go boating. She went to bed early. My aunt and I finally went to bed at 2:30. Then I had to drive my sister home at 4:00, then I dropped her off. I went back home and had just gotten into my soft, cozy bed, when my sister called, asking me to go with her. I decided why would I pass up an opportunity to have some fun. So I went! We drove to Lake Mead and I got to go wake surfing and boarding. It was so sweet! Then when we got home my mom reminded us she had signed us up for a hike at Mt. Charleston. So we drove up there and went on a hike. It was fun. Then a little bit after that Scott came home from summer session at BYU. I was so incredibly happy. That weekend we went on a trip to his family's cabin. Zach, Matt, Scott, Taylor, Casey, and I, and Scott and Zach's families went to the cabin. It was so great. Maybe the best trip ever. We got to play for a full weekend. It was so sweet.
All of us at Zion's National Park.
Then back to school for Fall semester. I had to go up early this time. I was helping out with Freshman orientation. It was pretty nice. The first week back before everyone showed up I worked 8-5 then that Friday a 15 hour day, Saturday a 12 hour day, Sunday was my day off and I had dinner with my friend Jen. Then Monday-Wednesday were 18 hour days. But I got to help with the new student Talent Show. I got to choose the acts and MC with two of my best friends from that week, and probably forever :].

The Girls on Council.
It was so great. Then Scott got his mission call, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It's so big. After that, back to school. It has been so great! I love all my classes, especially social dance. I signed up for Student Alumni Association, Student Ambassador's, Learning Model Committee, and 6-8 service activities. I'm trying to get involved. I have been hanging out with my roommates, Casey Ross, Drew, and Zach. It has been really great. So this is a little catch-up I'm hoping to be better and actually write in my blog at least once a week. So here goes hoping :]

First Day of School :]
No comments:
Post a Comment